Please call the surgery on 0208 888 1736 to check your eligibility and to book an appointment for the flu jab.
We will be using the Sequiris Vaccine which covers 18 and over. There is currently a manufactoring delay of the children’s Nasal Flu.
Groups eligible for flu
- people aged 65 years or over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31 March 19) Date of births : on or before 31.3.1955 – Fluad Vaccine
- all pregnant women (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season)
- all those aged two and three years old on 31 August 2019. Date of births: 1.9.2015-31.8.2017: NASAL SPRAY
- 4yr to 10yr olds will be offered nasal flu at school. At risk children only can have nasal flu at surgery.
- People with a serious medical condition such as:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or 5
- chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease
- splenic dysfunction
- a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- people living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities where rapid spread is likely to follow introduction of infection and cause high morbidity and mortality. This does not include, for instance, prisons, young offender institutions, or university halls of residence
- people with a BMI of 40+
- people who are in receipt of a carer ’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
- household contacts of immunocompromised individuals (those who live with them over winter period)